Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

Narration Cards

There are lots of things you can use as aids to narration, such as dice or ideas on paper slips in a jar. I thought I would try making and using some "Narration Cards". The idea is that after hearing a reading, J picks a card and answers the question or completes the activity on it. I wanted to be able to put the ones he has already done to one side so that we work our way through the set.

I found lots of ideas from this page: Narration Starters. I omitted the ones involving writing because we're not there yet (J is in Ambleside Online's Year 2). Here's what I chose:
  1. Tell me all you remember about the story.
  2. What did you like about the story?
  3. No narration today!
  4. Mummy narrates.
  5. Draw a scene or character from the story.
  6. Act out a scene from the story.
  7. Describe ______. (A character or place from the story.)
  8. Ask me a question about the story.
  9. Make a model of a scene or character from the story.
  10. Tell me something you didn't like about the story.
  11. Make a short puppet show of the story.
  12. Make a Lego scene from the story.
  13. What does the story remind you of?
  14. Pick a character: are you the same as or different from them?
  15. Find a biblical truth in the story.
  16. What do you think will happen next?
  17. What would you do if you were in the story?
  18. Why did ____________?
  19. What do you think about _____________?
  20. Do you agree with __________?
You can download these cards as a free PDF document below (2 x A4 size). There's a faint owl perched on some books in the background (J currently a huge Harry Potter fan!), courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment